Dirk is a people focused business executive and entrepreneurial operations leader with decades of experience transforming underperforming teams into profit center powerhouses. He is known for his empathetic leadership, strategic thinking capabilities, and ability to champion individual differences while rallying culturally diverse teams around a common goal. His track record is one of repeated successes in leading multimillion-dollar initiatives, starting up new business units, and producing lasting change with sustainable results.
Dirk’s areas of expertise include:
- Strategic Planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Process Engineering
- Team Leadership
- Business Management
- Start-up Operations
- Business Planning
- Project Management
- P&L Oversight
- Legal Entity Ownership
- Compensation Design
- Business Partnerships
- ISO Certifications
- Assembling and coaching high-performance teams
His professional contributions include:
- Doubled yields in manufacturing, by nurturing trusting relationships with international stakeholders with monthly on-site visits to open up true partnerships.
- Trusted as one of only two people able to sign contracts on behalf of legal entity with blank approval of up to $3 million.
- Transformed a struggling division into profit center, securing record sales in 2017.
- Produced $26.2 million in projected non-annualized innovation sales in one year.
- Contributed experience leading integrations during two additional acquisitions.
- Authored 5-year Global Strategic Plan which included action plans for sustainable >20% EBIT, gaining approval for last-minute changes all the way up to the Board level.
- Captured ~ 65% of global market share, achieving company record for EBIT growth.
- Served as Senior Officer on-site for legal entity as Board Member of Recticel North America.
- Expanded North American subsidiary operations growing headcount from 20 to over 400 people in three years.
- Improved inventory management, sustaining less than 36 hours of inventory for single-sourced proprietary technology with zero shutdowns.
- Maximized returns on $100 million investment (ROI), by securing and coordinating a high-performing diverse leadership-team
- Opened 3 new greenfield automotive plants with end-to-end program oversight.
Over Dirk’s career, he has held several significant roles, including:
- Director, Bioenergy Business Operations – North America (Apr 2014 – June 2021)
- Head, New Business Development – Nafta Intermediates (Jun 2010 – Mar 2014)
- Business Manager, Post-Merger Integration (Jan 2009 – Jun 2010)
- Board Member / Vice President, Global Business Unit (Apr 2005 – Dec 2008)
- President, Recticel North America (Jan 2001 – Mar 2005)
Executive Vice President (Feb 1998 – Jan 2001)
- Operations Manager (Feb 1997 – Feb 1998)
- Technology Program Manager (Oct 1995 – Feb 1997)
- Technology Manager (Jan 1993 – Oct 1995)
- New Business Development Manager (Jan 1988 – Jan 1993)
Dirk has a BS in Chemical Engineering, with post-graduate studies in Sales & Marketing and a Masters in Business Administration.
Selection of MIT Leadership Trainings, Alliances and Mergers, APQP Awareness: Product Design & Development.