El’vin is known as a Business Developer and Consultant who leads strategic plans and healthcare operations for the enhancement and improvement of a healthcare network and systems. El’vin has a strong background managing private and public healthcare operations; ensuring compliance of federal and state administrative agencies including: Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMSHA), Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs. Over El’vin’s career, he has held a number of significant roles, including:
- Executive Consultant for The Alliance Group of Oklahoma – Office of Economic Development (ongoing contract)
- Court Deputy & Administrator for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff Office (2014 to 2018)
- Healthcare consultant at Saint Theresa Hospital (LTAC) (2014 to 2015)
- CEO at Ethel’s Manor LTC in New Orleans (2007 to 2014)
- Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office of New Orleans – Office of Health Policy and Hospital Division (2001 to 2007)
- Health Services Director at Metropolitan Behavioral Health Center for Children in New Orleans (1999 to 2001)
El’vin holds a BS in Healthcare Finance and Accounting from Langston University, and an MBA in Healthcare Administration from Oklahoma City University/University of Phoenix. El’vin was also a 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S. Army National Guard from 1995 to 1998.