Ginger Campbell, RN, PhD is a Principal with ExecHQ and CEO, HC Executives. Dr. Campbell is a versatile and results oriented executive with more than 26 years of experience in healthcare operations and consulting. Her broad experiences include aligning consulting with operations as a senior executive and Chief Executive Officer. Dr. Campbell has worked in academic healthcare systems such as the University of Florida, University of Arizona, and University of South Florida. She has also worked in community, for-profit, and not-for-profit hospitals and health systems. Her expertise includes performance improvement, strategic planning, organizational clinical redesign, change management, and integrated clinical transformation. She successfully aligns key physician and operational leaders in making value-based and patient-centric decisions. Operational improvements are achieved by working collaboratively with leaders as ‘partners’ in embracing change and ensuring alignment of accountabilities.
As Partner/Managing Director with Guidehouse (formally Navigant Consulting), Dr. Campbell functioned as an executive leader overseeing and partnering on engagements focused on building client leadership capabilities and organizational performance. Uses methodologies adapted to client environments to ensure executed strategies meet and/or exceed expectations while fostering sustainability. Serve as Project Executive and managed day-to-day operations for clients seeking diverse improvements including:
- Single to large complex multi-year engagements achieving expense reductions/revenue enhancements over $300M.
- Organizational transformation spanning enhancements in revenue cycle, clinical and ambulatory operations, pharmacy, workforce; care coordination; data utilization, supply chain, corporate services, and project management.
- Developing a ‘Clinical Transformation’ model that triangulates care design, coordination, and operations that effectively engages key stakeholders – physicians and operations.
- Introducing a methodology for conducting workforce and leaders Span of Control that embraces data and benchmarks with leadership and organizational culture drivers.
As Senior Vice President / Chief Executive Officer in Kaiser Permanente’s Northern California Region for more than five years, Dr. Campbell led two hospitals, with 23 clinics, a billion-dollar budget, more than 8,000 employees, serving over 1,200 square miles, and 375,000 members in an integrated healthcare system. Dr. Campbell lead several major projects and transformation initiatives that were successfully developed and implemented including a new EPIC EMR called Health Connect. One hospital achieved a ‘perfect’ Joint Commission survey and was top ranked in patient satisfaction. Both hospitals achieved an A ranking with Leapfrog, 5 STARS rating, and received other notable quality and service awards. She also effectively managed relationships with labor unions including California Nurses Association (CNA), SEIU, and more than 25 other professional and non-professional unions. She represented Kaiser Permanente on the SEIU bargaining committee.
As the Interim Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Operating Officer at Peace Health Southwest Medical Center and Eastern Maine Medical Center. She served as Chief Executive Officer at the University of Arizona’s Hospital at the Kino Campus, a safety net hospital with FQHC clinics and hospital-based primary care centers.
Dr. Campbell embraces a supportive leadership style that inspires key stakeholders to adopt performance improvement methods that achieve rapid and sustainable results. When needed, Dr. Campbell provides leadership in designing and executing management action plans with tracking methods required to ensure alignment with operational and strategic imperatives.
Dr. Campbell has proven success in managing complex consulting engagements contributing work process, cost and revenue enhancement initiatives ranging from $10M to over $300M. Specific areas of focus include managing hospital operations and clinical transformations while sustaining optimal quality and financial performance. She mentors leaders through organizational change to ensure their success. In partnership with her clients, she helps leaders enhance their execution and oversight skills to facilitate sustainable results. Client references will attest to her being a ‘trusted advisor’.
Dr. Campbell has been complimented for building supportive relationships with clients, physicians, and operational leaders as an accessible executive who supports integrated partnerships.
Dr. Campbell holds a BSN and MSN from the University of Florida and a PhD from Walden University. She also completed the Executive Leadership Program at Harvard University, School of Business.
- St. Mary’s College, School for Business Executives, Board member
- American Heart Association, Board Chair, East Bay; Leadership Development Chair
- Sigma Theta Tau, National Nursing Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Examiner, Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), Cambridge, Massachusetts, Innovation College
- Examiner, Arizona Quality Alliance, Governor’s Quality Award Program, State of Arizona
- Surveyor, Governor’s Sterling Award, State of Florida
- Florida Center of Nursing, Governor’s Board of Directors
- Leadership Jacksonville, Chamber of Commerce
- Great 100 Nurses for Northeast Florida
- University of Phoenix, Faculty, Master Degree Programs: Administration
- Research: Job Satisfaction Among Registered Nurses
- Campbell, G., Building the B.E.S.T. Nursing Team, Advance Nursing Journal
- Who’s Who: American Nursing, American Women and Emerging Leaders
|PhD, Health Services and Administration
|MSN, Administration and Clinical Nurse Specialist
||University of Florida
||University of Florida
|Executive Leadership Program
||Harvard University, School of Business