Simmie is a published expert in Industrial/Organizational Psychology with 30+ years of successfully leading organizational effectiveness and change management initiatives for defense, government, and commercial clients.
Business Philosophy: Unleashing the Tiger! For Organizational and Individual High Performance by Energizing passion! Vaporizing obstacles! Realizing desired future! through Data-based, Solution-focused, Action-oriented, Results-driven plans.
Accomplished organizational effectiveness, change management, and communications specialist with extraordinary track record of elevating organizations, team, and individual performance by utilizing industrial/organizational psychology theories and organizational change management methodologies. Talented in effecting positive change to challenging situations, enhancing existing processes and systems, maximizing competitiveness, and driving operational success. Articulate communicator, skilled in collaborating with all members of the organization with an ability to forge solid cross functional relationships, leading change and managing through ambiguity. Proven commitment to the values of creating employee success and cultivating a collaborative and innovative culture. Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with a Counter-Intelligence Polygraph.
Highlights of Expertise:
- Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Project Management
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Customer Relationship Management
- Leadership & Management
- Profit & Loss
- Organizational Transformation
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Communications
- Change Management
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Training & Development
Simmie has experience as a Director of Human Capital, CEO, COO and Executive Coach. Over Simmie’s career, he’s had a number of significant roles, including:
1) Owner of his own consulting firm, The Consortium of Scientific Practitioners, where he’s been providing outsourced CEO, COO and Senior Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology, and Senior Executive Coach services (2014 to present)
2) Process Improvement Consultant – Lean Six Cigma at IBM in Herndon, VA (2018)
3) I/O Psychologist; Psychometrician at CSRA in Herndon, VA (2016 to 2018)
4) Director of Human Capital/Senior Principal Strategist at Mosaic in Chantilly, VA (2011 to 2014)
5) Strategic Business Planner, Communication Strategist, Manager & Team Lead at Booz Allen Hamilton in Herndon VA (2008 to 2011)
6) Senior Intelligence Analyst, United States Army (joint special operations command)
Simmie has a PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Capella University in Minneapolis, an MA in Counseling from Webster University in St. Louis, MO, a BS in Psychology from Fayetteville State University, and an AS Avionics from Florida Institute of Technology.
Simmie lives with his wife (Tracy) and the animals comprising The Adams Ark (4 horses, 2 donkeys, 2 dogs, and 15 cats). He is based in Bealeton, Virginia.