Stephen is a healthcare executive leader with over 35 years of progressive experience, including 25 years in CEO and CFO roles within large community hospital and senior care health systems. Chosen to effectively lead health care organizations facing mission-critical strategic and operational challenges based on proven expertise of health care market, strategic planning and execution proficiency, team building skills, communications, and philanthropy. Professional activities include guest lecturer at Salem State University on leadership issues for MBA students, regular presenter at national healthcare conferences, leadership and officer positions on numerous boards of not-for-profit organizations, and instructor at the College of Notre Dame in Maryland. Certified Public Accountant, Licensed in Maryland since 1983.
Select accomplishments include:
- Overcame enormous financial challenges in two recent leadership roles to significantly increase market share and establish financial stability.
- Led numerous quality improvement, financial excellence, and innovation achievements, including Solucient 100 Top Hospitals and Boston Globe Top 100 Employers.
- Designed complete brand strategy for combining two healthcare campuses to one under a new name.
- Raised $200M in bond, bank, and letter of credit backed financing.
- Planned, built, financed, and raised philanthropic dollars, on time and budget, for numerous healthcare building projects, including a new skilled nursing and rehab center, inpatient tower, parking garage, breast center, hospital front entrance, women’s and infants center, internal renovation and expansion of inpatient and outpatient services, and numerous community physician and outpatient centers.
Stephen’s roles throughout his career include:
1) Manager at a CPA firm (9 years)
2) Director of Finance & Admin, Senior VP and/or CFO for various healthcare organizations, a hospital and agency/consulting firms (14 years)
3) President & CEO for New Island Hospital in Long Island, NY (2 years)
4) President & CEO for Aviv Centers for Living in Boston, MA (6 years)
5) Partner for Renaissance Healthcare Partners in New England
6) Founder and CEO of Allevia Living Home Health Care in Reno, NV (4 years)
Stephen is currently the President of Neff Healthcare, providing healthcare services throughout North America.
Stephen has a Bachelors degree in Accounting and Business Administration from the University of Maryland College Park and an MBA in Health and Medical Services Administration from Widener University. Stephen is a licensed CPA in the state of Maryland.