Steve’s most recent position was as Director of Strategic Sourcing and SRM Programs at Office Depot Inc. in Boca Raton, FL (the position was recently eliminated in a corporate restructuring). He has 30 years of experience in sourcing, supply chain, and manufacturing in multiple industries, including 10 years in the CPG industry running the global sourcing groups for 3 national-brand CPG companies.
Steve spent 4 years working in the global sourcing group for the world’s largest retailer, focusing on supplier management of private-label branded products. He also worked in the automotive industry sourcing exhaust systems and specialty stampings from contract manufacturers for Toyota and has extensive experience in supplier management and development, having received Toyota Production System training while with Aisin Seiki, a Toyota-group company.
Steve has transformed organizations and improved performance utilizing various operational excellence methodologies, including Lean/Six Sigma, TPS, and Eaton Lean System. During his time with Eaton Corporation, Steve sourced components and raw materials in the heavy equipment and aerospace industries. In addition, he spent the first 10 years of his career in various management positions in manufacturing plants in multiple industries. Steve has done business in 23 countries around the globe, including Japan, China, India, Thailand, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam.
Areas of expertise include:
- Strategic Global Sourcing
- New Product Development
- Team Building/People Development
- Supplier Development/Management
- Quality & Project Planning
- Best Practice Implementation
- Process Management/Operational Excellence
- Contract Manufacturing
- Lean Six Sigma
Throughout Steve’s career, he has:
- Led and transformed several global sourcing/supply organizations for fortune 1000 companies.
- Led the implementation of supplier optimization/leverage strategies in M&A environments.
- Developed successful sourcing strategies to move into new supply markets (i.e. Eastern Europe, India)
- Developed supplier strategies for major brand launches, resulting in cost savings and margin improvements.
- Developed new tools and processes for sourcing organizations in his last 4 positions, resulting in better strategic visibility, supplier leverage, and communication across the enterprise.
- Held various management and leadership positions in multiple manufacturing companies and successfully improved processes and profitability using Lean/Operational Excellence methodology.
- Developed and led strategies to build relationships with contract manufacturers
- Helped companies analyze their current product offerings for new product opportunities and new potential categories and put together new product roadmaps.
Training and education includes:
- BSBA in Business Administration
- MBA with an International focus
- Operational Excellence (TPS, Eaton Lean System)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt