Six Sigma Black Belt / LEAN Certified | Shifter of Paradigms | Empowerment Guide
Walter Stewart is an accomplished multi-skilled global operational risk management professional with extensive experience in launching and leading risk management programs, organizational change, business transformations and process engineering.
Whether consulting or acting as Chief Operating Officer overseeing operational risk issues and new initiatives, by looking at things strategically and lead the charge with putting into place new processes that result in increased efficiencies. Walter has steered the full project life cycle for business and technology initiatives providing consulting and information technology management. He excels in anticipating challenges and identifying proactive, cost effective solutions in high pressure environments.
Described as a high-energy trailblazing leader, Walter has a proven ability to mentor and motivate high-performance teams while earning the trust and confidence of key decision makers. He effectively facilitates communications and interactions among technical staff and business users and has an innate ability to develop productive relationships across organizations, bringing people together from different disciplines to accomplish a common goal.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Strategic Planning | Strategic Execution | Process Improvement | Product Development | Risk Diversion | Controls Oversight | Compliance | Quality Assessment | Consolidations | Mergers | Organizational Direction | Productive Leadership | Team Building | Mentoring | Crisis Control | Crisis Mitigation | Entrepreneurship | Innovation | Six Sigma Black Belt | LEAN Certified
Walter has had a number of significant roles in his career, including:
1) Chief Operating Officer at Aguila, Inc. in Bronx, New York (2017 to 2018)
2) Managing Partner – Operational Risk and Vendor Risk at NortonCooper in New York (2014 to 2017)
3) Managing Director and Chief Operational Risk Officer for Depository Trust Clearing Corporation in New York (2011 to 2014)
4) Senior Manager – Performance Improvement at Ernst & Young in New York (2010 to 2011)
5) Senior VP President/Director – Enterprise Risk Management/Global Operations at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch (2002 to 2010). Prior to this time Walter was also a Principal Consultant at Capital Markets Company and a Program Manager at Cap Gemini in New York. Walter has a BA in Economics from Columbia University.
Walter is based in Sherman Oaks, California.