• Led and developed capital investment strategies that lowered cost structure and optimized return on investment in key operating regions for a Fortune 100 company
• Oversight of a $1 Billion operating expense budget
• Fiduciary responsibility for reporting financial results for publicly-traded corporation in compliance with SEC rules and regulations
• Led cross-functional team as part of the merger and acquisition of two Fortune 500 companies
• Developed capital investment strategies that enabled growth and profitability as measured by ROI
• Led cross-functional teams in supply cost reductions ( > $2 million annually) to improve corporate operating ratios
• Ran 30M Profit and Loss in the Telecommunications Industry
• Oversaw $60 million lease portfolio and all related property management matters
• Developed and implemented marketing strategies to increase year over year profitability 20 percent for worldwide telecommunications entity
• Account management
• Closed multiple multi-million-dollar telecommunications sales contracts to Fortune 100 companies
Michael has held various key positions at Union Pacific Railroad, a Fortune 100 company, over a 20 year period where he was heavily involved in 1) leading and developing capital investment strategies, 2) strategic oversight of a $1 billion operating expense budget, 3) fiduciary responsibility for reporting financial results to the SEC, 4) leading cross-function teams focusing on M&A (e.g. a merger of two Fortune 500 companies) and supply cost reductions, 5) real estate lease portfolio management, and 6) other responsibilities that include account management, sales and marketing. In addition Michael was the VP/General Manager for one of the world's largest outsourced call center companies. Michael's past roles at Union Pacific include: Senior Director of Finance - Western Region, General Director of Real Estate, Regional Finance Director and Manger of Strategic Planning.
Michael has a BSBA in Accounting from Creighton University and an MBA in Finance from Rockhurst University.