• Led and developed capital investment strategies that lowered cost structure and optimized return on investment in key operating regions for a Fortune 100 company
• Oversight of a $1 Billion operating expense budget
• Fiduciary responsibility for reporting financial results for publicly-traded corporation in compliance with SEC rules and regulations
• Led cross-functional team as part of the merger and acquisition of two Fortune 500 companies
• Developed capital investment strategies that enabled growth and profitability as measured by ROI
• Led cross-functional teams in supply cost reductions ( > $2 million annually) to improve corporate operating ratios
• Ran 30M Profit and Loss in the Telecommunications Industry
• Oversaw $60 million lease portfolio and all related property management matters
• Developed and implemented marketing strategies to increase year over year profitability 20 percent for worldwide telecommunications entity
• Account management
• Closed multiple multi-million-dollar telecommunications sales contracts to Fortune 100 companies
Michael has held various key positions at Union Pacific Railroad, a Fortune 100 company, over a 20-year period where he was heavily involved in 1) leading and developing capital investment strategies; 2) strategic oversight of a $1 billion operating expense budget; 3) fiduciary responsibility for reporting financial results to the SEC; 4) leading cross-function teams focusing on M&A (e.g. a merger of two Fortune 500 companies) and supply cost reductions; 5) real estate lease portfolio management, and 6) other responsibilities that include account management, sales and marketing.
In addition, Michael was the VP/General Manager for Union Pacific, one of the world's largest outsourced call center companies. His past roles at Union Pacific include: Senior Director of Finance - Western Region, General Director of Real Estate, Regional Finance Director and Manger of Strategic Planning.
Michael has a BSBA in Accounting from Creighton University and an MBA in Finance from Rockhurst University.
Michael is based in Sacramento, California.